Go back to normal view
In the late 18th century, a church was built on the site of the present church, but the present building dates to 1828. It is the smallest of a large number of 'Parliamentary Churches' built throughout the Highlands to a design by Thomas Telford.
The church is harled on the outside, and has plaster and wood paneling inside. There is an oak screen, topped with a small cross, at the rear, separating the vestibule from the body of the kirk.
At the front, there is one stained glass window, in memory of Ernest Wills, 3rd Bart. of Meggernie and his wife Maud. It depicts St Andrew in front of his distinctive cross, carrying a couple of fish, and standing on heathery slopes beside a stream, in a landscape not too unlike Glenlyon itself.
Services are held in the church fortnightly at 9.15am, usually preceded by a welcoming cup of coffee